CIDER GLAZED PORK CHOPS
F&L Market has boneless pork chops for $1.69 a pound. Apple Cider is the key ingredient to make the magic happen with this recipe!
- 1½ lbs Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Apple Cider Glaze:
- 1½ c. apple cider
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- Light your gas or charcoal grill and heat to medium high heat.
- In a small saucepan, prepare the glaze by combining the apple cider, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- While the cider comes to a simmer, prepare the pork rub. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the oil to the spice mixture. It will be the consistency of a crumbly paste.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels, and then cover the chops on all sides with the spice rub.
- Put the spice covered pork chops on the heated grill, and thoroughly brush with the cider glaze. Grill for about 6 minutes.
- Flip the chops and thoroughly brush with the glaze on the other side. Grill for about 2 more minutes, flip and brush again. Repeat this process until the chops cook for 10-12 minutes total, and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Its okay for pork to have a little pink in the middle.
- If you’re also grilling apples, brush the halved apples with glaze and grill for about 5-6 minutes. No need to flip. Serve along with the chops.