SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY MAPLE GLAZE
F&L Market has Turkey Breast for $1.29 a lb. Enjoy this warm weather and smoke a turkey breast with this delicious Honey Maple Glaze.
- 1 turkey breast or half breast, about 4 lbs
- Wet Rub
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Dry Rub
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Honey (I used creamed honey)
- Get your fire going and set up your grill/cooker for indirect heat. Hickory, oak, or maple. Apple would also work.
- While that is coming to temp, mix your dry rub ingredients together. In another bowl, mix your wet rub ingredients together. I like using a coarse ground mustard for this, it just adds to the texture.
- Rub your wet rub all over your meat. Now sprinkle liberally with your dry rub mix, making sure to get all sides and edges.
- If you are using a breast , smoke for 2 1/2 hours at 250F. During that time, combine the glaze ingredients over low heat until combined. Glaze the smoked turkey at the 2 1/2 hour mark and then cook another 15 minutes. Glaze again and then cook for another 15 minutes. That should put you at 3 hours and an internal temp of 165F.