CLASSIC HOMEMADE BEEF STEW
F&L Market has stew beef for $3.99. Take a couple of pounds to make enough stew for supper for the family and leftovers for your lunch this week.
- 1½ – 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, diced into large chunks
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups beef broth, homemade or low sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by tossing your stew beef with flour salt and pepper and browning in a dutch oven.
- After browning, place the beef into a crock pot and put the remaining ingredients except potatoes.
- Allow to cook on low for 3 hours then put in potatoes and cook for an additional 3. Beef should be tender and vegetables done but not falling apart.