EASY DORITO TACO SALAD
F&L Market has lean ground beef for $2.39 a pound. And a pound goes far with this delicious, easy Dorito Taco Salad! Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed then chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 large tomato, seeded then chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup nacho cheese Doritos, broke into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Catalina dressing
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water called for on packet. Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let meat cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl add chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato and cheese. Add slightly cooled ground beef and gently toss to combine everything. Serve now, or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to serve, add Doritos chips and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Serve. Ranch may also be served, but it’s not quite the same!