CREAMY PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES
F&L Market has value pack pork chops for $1.59 a pound and russet potatoes 2-5 lb. bags for $5. This combination makes a wonderful one-dish meal that will be done in a flash.
- 6-8 pork loin chops (boneless or bone-in)
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 10 oz. cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3/4 C. water
- 3 T. onion soup base (1 package of Lipton onion soup is a little over 2 T. so just use that if you’d rather not have a package open. I buy mine in bulk so it’s easier for measuring.)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- French’s fried onions, optional
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Place sliced potatoes in the bottom and set the pork chops evenly spaced on top of them.
- Mix together the soup, milk, water, onion soup, and salt and pepper. Pour over the pork chops and potatoes. Sprinkle a few handfuls of the French’s Fried Onions over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 2- 2 1/2 hours. (If your oven cooks low, increase your temperature by 25 degrees… you can purchase an oven thermometer at most stores to check to see if your oven heat is measuring correctly.) ***REMOVE foil the last 1/2 hour to allow browning.