F & L Market has Boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.69 a pound. This is a one skillet dish that will become a star in your spring menus!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, optional (we used Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup white wine)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
For the chicken seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Let sit in a shallow plate while you prepare the asparagus.
2. Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus, then blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes then soak in ice water to stop cooking. This way they will cook faster and evenly in the skillet. You can skip this step if you have very thin asparagus. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat half butter and olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken pieces on all sides until golden brown. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and Italian seasoning and stir and cook with chicken until fragrant. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set aside to a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and have steamed chicken instead of browned.
4. In the same skillet over medium-high, add minced garlic then deglaze with chicken broth (or wine). Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce to half the volume. Add remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, parsley. Give a quick stir to combine.
5 . Add the blanched asparagus and toss for 2 minutes to cook it up. Add the chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish with more parsley, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve the chicken bites and asparagus immediately. Enjoy!