F & L Market has whole chickens are .79 a pound. This Tuscan Roasted Chicken will make it company worthy.
- 1 Whole chicken
- 2 onions quartered
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- fresh rosemary
for the rub
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon reserve lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400
- To make the rub, finely chop the rosemary and garlic then mix with the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken, loosening the skin gently and pushing some of the rub under the skin.
- Place the reserved lemon in the cavity of the chicken then place the chicken in a oven-proof dish.
- Add the onions, garlic cloves and extra rosemary then pour in the wine and chicken stock.
- Place the chicken in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 350
- Allow to roast for 45 minutes until almost cooked through then turn the heat up to 400 to allow the skin to crisp up.
- When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.