Broken Pipes Cause Bentley Commons Evacuation

The mercury dropped to 2 degrees yesterday morning. According to the National Weather Service, the temperature broke a 102-year-old record set back in 1912. But it wasn’t just the record shattered… pipes were bursting all across the region. More than 120 residents at Bentley Commons were evacuated on Tuesday after the electricity and water were cut to the facility following a major water line break in the building which flooded parts of the lobby. Residents were moved to parts of the building running on back-up generators while attempts were made to restore water to the building. But according to officials, addition pipes began to burst. The city has a building official working with contractors to determine when the facility will be able to re-open.

Test