Fire Destroys Family Home In Madison Heights

Authorities say a family of five is without a home after a fire in Madison Heights Friday. According to the Amherst County Public Safety Coordinator, multiple crews were called to the scene on Brightwell Mill Road around noon. No one was home at the time and fire crews believe the cause comes from a dryer that was running inside the home. Officials say the property was being rented by the family; and they did not have insurance and the home is a total loss.

Test