From Lynchburg City Police: Police are investigating four burglaries that occurred in an area near the 5100 block of Boonsboro Road. One of the burglaries was reported on Friday, September 5, and three were reported yesterday, September 11, 2014. These incidents were all residential burglaries and it is believed the suspect(s) entered the homes and took items during the daytime. No specific suspect information is available at this time and the LPD Criminal Investigations Division is continuing the investigation.
(Continue reading for the rest of the news release.)
The LPD would like to take this opportunity to remind the community about the importance of employing basic crime prevention methods:
- Check to make sure windows and doors remain secure.
- Have good exterior lighting that can be utilized throughout the nighttime hours.
- When away from the home, timers should be used to turn inside lights and radios on and off to give the appearance that the home is occupied.
- Create a list of serial numbers for valuable items with photographs and keep this list in a secure location.
- Write down information related to unfamiliar people or vehicles that come into the area including descriptions and license tag numbers.
- Notify the Lynchburg Police Department about suspicious persons, vehicles, or circumstances.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Moore at 434-455-6172 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-798-5900. Visit the Central Virginia Crime Stoppers website at www.cvcrimestoppers.org to enter a web tip, or text “CVCS” plus your message to 274637.