Hotspots smoldered for hours last night following a Bedford sawmill fire. Officials say four different fire departments were called to the scene of the blaze at Central Virginia Pallet and Stake on Centerville Road around 5pm Wednesday. The owner estimates that the damage at about 75-thousand dollars. Sources say they do not have insurance. All of the company’s employees had gone home for the day when the building caught fire, and no one was injured. The flames did claim some utility poles, but crews, assisted by a Department of Forestry bulldozer, were able to stop the fire from spreading.