Carilion Community Hotline: 866-604-2873 (M-F, 8a-5p)
Centra Coronavirus Care Line: 434-200-1225 (24/7)
Dial 2-1-1 : 2-1-1 VIRGINIA provides information and you can read more here:
Do you need to file for unemployment? File a claim with Virginia Employment Commission by phone at 1-866-832-2363! For more information, please visit their website at http://www.vec.virginia.gov/.
Lynchburg professional Counseling Services by licensed professional counselors from Hope for Tomorrow; a division of Patrick Henry Family Services
- Share what you have an excess of with friends and neighbors.
- Donate your time to make phone calls to check in on the elderly (Area Agencies on Aging)
- There is a great increased demand for assistance in our communities, area United Way’s; Roanoke Valley, New River Valley, Lynchburg all have COVID 19 impact funds and seek donations to help the many community organizations assist those in need.
- Area Food Banks are seeing increased demand and are in need of cash donations
- Help your area restaurants by way of purchasing takeout or delivery, or the purchase of a gift certificate to give to someone in need.
- Donate Blood- supplies are needed by the American Red Cross