Lynchburg’s River Ridge Mall first opened its doors to guests in September 1980, 40 years ago. The mall is celebrating that anniversary with activities through the end of October, including a digital showcase of photos and memories and throwback films at Regal Cinemas.
The mall is currently undergoing a renovation that includes a more modern design, new technology, and new dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Here is the entire news release from River Ridge Mall:
NEWS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 24, 2020
Media Contact: Katie Farris Media Contact: Julia Brewster
(434) 239-1028 ext. 227 (804) 432-7733
River Ridge Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Lynchburg Community
LYNCHBURG, Va. — With village-like storefronts, brick flooring and greenery, River Ridge officially opened its doors to guests on September 24, 1980. Now – while undergoing a revitalization that incorporates a more modern design, new technology, amenities, and options in shopping, dining and entertainment – River Ridge is celebrating its 40th anniversary with the Lynchburg community.
Louise Dudley, general manager at River Ridge, joined the management team several weeks prior to the property’s grand opening in 1980.
“While I have witnessed many exciting changes over the last forty years, one thing remains the same, and that is the support of the community and the individuals who make River Ridge special,” Dudley said. “I am excited to celebrate this milestone, while looking ahead to our future, over the next month.”
In honor of its 40th anniversary, River Ridge is celebrating with several activities now through the end of October, including:
- A digital showcase of the community’s favorite memories of River Ridge which will be shared to River Ridge’s website at: https://www.shopriverridgemall.com/40th-anniversary/. Members of the community are encouraged to submit their memories and photos in the comments of this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/RiverRidgeLynchburg/posts/2656313104620512.
- 1980’s throwback film showings at Regal Cinemas including Back to the Future, E.T., The Empire Strikes Back and more. Showtimes and details will be announced in October.
- $40 River Ridge gift card giveaways on social media
- Gift card matching campaign – From September 24 through October 24, when guests purchase a River Ridge gift card, River Ridge will match the gift card amount as a donation to the Salvation Army of Lynchburg
For updates on the anniversary celebration, follow River Ridge on Facebook, Instagram and visit the anniversary celebration page on the River Ridge website: https://www.shopriverridgemall.com/40th-anniversary/.
# # #
About River Ridge
River Ridge is an indoor and soon-to-be outdoor shopping destination in Lynchburg, Virginia currently undergoing a significant redevelopment. Slated to finish in 2022, this redevelopment will bring exciting new retail, dining and entertainment options to the property. Located off the region’s two major highways, Routes 29 and 460, River Ridge is solely owned by Liberty University and managed by JLL. For more information, visit www.shopriverridgemall.com.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $18.0 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 93,000 as of December 31, 2019. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.