F & L Market has everything you need to put this favorite Summer recipe on your table tonight!
- 2 pounds 4-6 cups summer squash or zucchini (a combination can be used)
- 1/c cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crushed crackers
- 1 stick melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dice summer squash/zucchini. Boil in salted water until fork tender (do not overcook!) . Drain.
- Mix in onion , cheese and eggs.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the crushed crackers over the casserole.
- Pour the melted butter over top the cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.